Thursday 14 June 2012

Water level down.

Well, here I sit in Lower Park Marina, grounded !

This is the top pound of the Leeds Liverpool and either boat movement or more likeley open paddles has lowered the pound by some 10 inches. The consequence of this is that we are resting on the bottom. As this marina has finger moorings directly onto the canal and we are moored stern in, this means that the skeg is resting on the bottom. A call to B.W. yesterday does not seem to have resulted in a significant rise in water level, but the forcast rain tonight may well help !

Ali is now at home and readying herself for the wedding she is attending at the weekend. I have been doing a few little jobs but mainly chilling out. Kath and George from N.B. Syrus kindly invited me for a meal yesterday. George even collected me and delivered me home ! I had a really enjoyable evening with them and a loveley meal. I think that I may well have overstayed my welcome, so thank you so much both. We will reciprocate before we set off again.

So now sitting waiting for the water level to rise so that I can turn the boat. The sun is shining and the vista is fabulous. I can think of nowhere I would rather be marooned.

Sorry no pictures, but that is beyond my skill level, as is the change in the font! If you happen up this way, Barnoldswick is a great place to stop and dwell a while. Just out of the national park, so not a tourist trap, but all the better for that.

Cheers for now.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like de javu to us!

    Hire boaters emptied the pound on us twice last year on the LL. In one instance we awoke to find 5 feet of water was taken out of the pound above the Figure of Three locks.

    Each time it was ground paddles left open!!

    M n M

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments