Monday 17 September 2012

There is something about....John

Yep, I am just not in some ways blessed.  Think that the powers that be just like to test me sometimes!

Had a call from Sam to say that the service would not be possible today.  Fair enough.  As the old batteries needed a boost, decided that I would combine this with doing a few wash loads, then take the drying dowm to bridge 61.  Simples!  Not.....

The washing went just fine and the smartguage showed that power was restored to the battery bank.  All looking good, simply spiffing.  Well you know what comes next!

So walked down to bridge 61 and got the dryer going.  Soon realised that a token lasting for 7 minutes was not going to get me far, so went and got some more..

Loaded up the dryer with credit and decided to go for a pint to de-stress....Life is so hard on the cut!

As I walked toward the pub door, who should appear but Norman and Val, our old neighbours from Yelvertoft.  They are a smashing couple and married for 45, yes FORTY FIVE years.  And they have not murdered each other!  A really lovely couple.  We decided to have a natter whilst the washing dried, and as you do, time passed.  Decided the washing must be dry so went to collect it.  Problem.  The keys to the drying room were inside.!  I had locked myself out.  The only other keyholder had gone home so looks like the service and wash collection will be on the morrow!  My fault entirely I should add.

Ali seems to be getting back in the swing work wise, but I know where her heart lies really.

So said a fond farewell to Norman and Val from N.B." Toss a coin" and back to a silent boat.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Bliss is a quiet boat.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments